Tuesday, March 24, 2009

mournfulness

this is what march is full of

within the first week of the month the world lost three significant citizens
marty, kati and andrew are all with God now
that fact didn't help the sting or make less tears fall from my eyes at the funeral
that is so great for them but what woe for those left behind
life is never about fair i know but somethings seem senseless
i do not pretend to understand or try to say the right words
i just pray that the loved ones will be comforted

i got my letter last week that said my resignation from Unit 5 was accepted
i was shocked that i cried
i am blessed to have so many people i love in blormal
i hope it was the right thing...
maybe i am a fool
i prayed and got advice and went with my gut
if it were merely personal i would have gone back but this is not just my job...
it is a passion and i do it with purpose...
i think it would have been a step backward to return
who knows...maybe this time next year i will be crawling back begging

i will be glad when this month is over

2 comments:

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Hang in there. There are people who love you right where you are, and things will look up.

I'm sad for your losses, I had no idea. We spend so much time talking about the kids and their actions and motivations, I'm only getting to know you. But I love who I know, so far, and I know that will deepen.

You are so important to the kids and adults here!

Mrs. Pabst, Mrs. Tegtmeyer, & Mrs. Valenti-Ferris said...

Sorry you had to experience loss Sonya. It's really such a blow every time it happens. About your job - of course I wish SO much that you, too, were returning to BN, but it would be only for selfish reasons. I believe I advised you to stay in the burbs, but there are always social worker openings it seems in Unit 5 if after another yr, you still question your decision. Love you!