Tuesday, April 7, 2009

HOLY COW YOU SHOULD GO ON A CARIBBEAN CRUISE

that about sums it up folks! i cannot say enough good things about the Caribbean people/climate/beaches/etc AMAZING sums it up!!!

as far as the actual cruise went...getting to see a new place everyday and so many fun things to do onboard!! it was such a deal!! worth every dollar!!!

Of course I would love to share each little detail but I will just give you the highlights of the places and the next post will be about some of the people and ship adventures that made the week so great!!!

Sunday in San Juan: Just getting used to the ship/unpacking/safety drilling/planning the week's adventures

Monday in St. Thomas: 3 hours at Secret Bay- BEAUTIFUL! When the cab driver, Ronald, came back for us he parked the safari jeep at the top of a hill. We had almost all climbed in and then the next thing you know there is screaming and movement and yes folks we are rolling down the hill and SLAM into a white jeep wrangler. SCARY! Apryl and I were in the very back and majorly felt the impact!! No neck braces but some discomfort. The best part is that he just shrugged his shoulders and sped off saying "It's the Islands...."

Tuesday in St. Lucia: Beach for 4 hours and then Shopping. I was NOT a fan of this place and would not be sad to never get to see it again. It was pretty but mostly rude people were all that we came into contact with. The beach water we were in was was murky and there were tons of rocks.

Wednesday in Barbados: MY FAVORITE!!!! I could live there tomorrow! It was incredible. We met a native on the ship and hired his speed boat and did a private snorkeling tour. My first time was not too scary at all...and it was breathtaking!!! We saw and swam with HUGE sea turtles. Everything was pristine. I cannot say enough good things about it.

Thursday in Dominica: The nature island...it was pretty. We were wiped from the previous days and spent most of the day at the ship's pool

Friday in Antigua: My 2nd fave but a very close 2nd! By far the most beautiful beach of the trip...we spent about 6 hours in the sun and surf! We witnessed a wedding! We bronzed and bonded with some new friends.

Saturday in St. Kitts: Didn't see anything at all because I shopped the entire time.

Sunday back in PR!

In other news both of my flights home were on time!! As I walked out of ohare in flip flops...I nearly cried seeing the mini blizzard!

Ok gotta run...more details to come!

4 comments:

Mrs. Pabst, Mrs. Tegtmeyer, & Mrs. Valenti-Ferris said...

Sounds a little like our honeymoon Caribbean cruise: PR, St. Thomas, St. Lucia, St. Martin, Antigua, Barbados. St. Lucia was our least favorite, too. The water was disgusting; that's the main reason. We rode horses in Barbados; it was beautiful. Glad you had fun. I LOVE cruises!!!

Unknown said...

i heart Caribbean cruises too! next time me and you!

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Photos?

Ellen aka Ellie said...

If you recall Miss Sonya, we had a hushed conversation today that left me thinking quite a bit.

It has nothing to do with this blog post, but you had better well approve it and post it here nevertheless.

You have a servant's heart. The work you do at our school, and no doubt at the schools before ours, is God's work and you do it guided by Him. You love and care for these kids, and as un-PC as it may sound, you want to fix them so they may find and use the talents God has bestowed on each of them.

While it's being a mom that is your dream, in the interim, you are serving God's family is huge and strong ways.

I am convinced He is smiling down on you, laughing with you, and breaking when your heart breaks for these kids--daily.

Our school, staff and kids are blessed that God brought you to us.

For He knows the plans He has for you...

Love, me