...because sometimes things happen not according to plan then I gotta eat my words!
I'm not sure how many times God has offered me opportunities to change my ways...but I just continue to brush those away. The most recent example of this happened last week.
If there is one thing that I love it's board games. If there is a board game that I excel at it's Scrabble. I'm serious I have played the game since childhood with my grams. When I lived in the dorms a small group of Scrabble junkies would go so far as skipping class or at least being late if a heated game was going on. Speed Scrabble, Travel Scrabble, Scrabble Deluxe, Spanish Scrabble- you name it I dominate it. I love words. I love games. Words with games are just FANTASTIC to me! So needless to say I have a bit of confidence in this arena. I always invite others to a "friendly game" because it's not typically good social skills to invite people to be dominated. As a social worker I try to be a good role model of social skills from time to time :)
Last week I fell flat on my face. After a few emails and texts in which I was confidently predeclaring my victory to a stranger then but now a new friend, Jerrad, beat me TWICE.
Before Friday I cannot even tell you the last time I lost at Scrabble. I even offered the best 2/3 so that he wouldn't feel so bad when he lost. I figured the first round 273-251 was a fluke. The second round I was actually sweating as I prayed but to no avail I lost 264-212. Kudos to you Jerrad- I stand both corrected and defeated!
I need to be careful with my smack don't I?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
:) oh Sonya, you did good! I just happened to get some good letters at the right times. Additionally, I was having a good day and you weren't having a so hot one, so that might've thrown you off as well.
Post a Comment