I had a horrible Friday...and when I got off work it just got worse...
(further proof that it's my attitude and probably a little bit of sleep deprivation
and not my job issues that get me down the most). I am struck by the frequency
in which I feel like I need to "cope" which is just code for do something fun to
avoid any discomfort that I feel.
At church we are doing a three week series on Worship. The pastor shared the familiar message that its not about us! He mentioned that we can think of it as WORTH SHIP. SO I though about it there in the quietness of my heart...once again when I get the focus off of myself I will be available to worship. I think that it's ok to hope for no more of this "I'll go but I'm not feeling it" crap thinking that can tend to creep in around church time.
Last night we ended our services with time with worship via communion...what a fresh reminder that Jesus death on the cross addressed NOT only all the wrongs that we've done (to God or people) BUT also so were all the wrongs done to us by people, circumstances, society!!
Remembering that is one thing actually APPLYING what it means is another! I guess I need to get busy...I hope I do it...I cannot even imagine what great freedom will result.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
thanks for sharing this. i needed to hear it. i am having a self-absorbed pity party weekend. :)
Post a Comment