Sunday, June 29, 2008

Shout Out to Baby Mommas

If you have a little person then I need to say that you are a rock star!!!!  A few that come to mind are: Elisa, Rachel, Annalea, Rebecca, Kelsey, Michelle, Krista, Beth, Heather, Sarah, Jolene, Chrissy, Bridget and don't be offended if your name isn't here because I really think being a momma is a high-calling.   You all give of yourselves daily and do not have a button that says "Abort Mission" or "Start Day Over"   

This weekend I have been in the wonderful world of Chambana...my beloved home of seven years preBlormal days.  (Grandma those are code words for Champaign-Urbana and Bloomington-Normal)  

My buds Dave & Rachel had some mommy and daddy time while I got to chill with their 2 amazing kiddos.   We enjoyed 3 meals, 2 park visits, 1 picnic, a long walk, a trip to Walmart, a play/dinner date with the Harts, lots of giggles,  a few questions as to "why" things happen and my favorite part: wardrobe changes!!

Ok we all know that I am no stranger to kiddos at all.  I love playing with them and taking care of them.  Actually, I believe the children are our future we need to teach them well and let them lead the way.  Really we should show them all the beauty they possess inside and give them a sense of pride...oops what am I doing I have no time to serenade you.  
Seriously now- little people needs LOTS of clothes.  I thought it was so cute that before Rachel left she had set out pjs, swim apparel and 2-3 outfits per kiddo.  In addition she showed me where everything was which I thought to myself- 'she is so prepared but it's just one day!'   Little did I know.  Dirt/pee/poo/muddy water were just some of the reasons why in 12 hours 1 entire load of laundry was created!  

SO Mr. Sonya where ever you are out there...just know this: I am gonna be dang tired at the end of the day regardless of the fact that I napped when the kiddos did, dishes might get left in the sink, it is the craziest thing ever that all of my edumacation doesn't prepare me for the shock of wiping crazy consistencies off of bottoms or the questions that inquisitive little people ask.  

And any of you Mr. ______  (insert your baby momma's name)  who are reading please get on your knees in gratitude to that woman who gave not only life but every ounce of herself!!!


No comments: