I feel like one of those bitter people who is about 7 years past retirement qualifications- but wow was I thrilled at noon last Tuesday!!! Yep- summer vacation is here and it is AMAZING what 7 days can do for the soul! It was indeed a devastating last month or so at work but I'm hoping that the healing will continue! Everyone tells me that time heals all wounds...but my thought is that justice doesn't hurt either! Then I think what does justice look like..and I get a headache. Since I am not Wonder Woman with any cool superpowers only time will tell I guess!
I spent the first week in St. Louis-hanging out with some dear friends and their new babe! It was so fun to watch them all bursting with love for one another!
This week in Blormal/Champaign (mostly to continue my baby tour) and then Peroria for the weekend to see my favorite newlyweds!!
Upcoming summer events include:
Lot of quality time with the nephews!
9 days in Puerto Rico- they call it the Isle of Enchantment so we'll just see if that's so!
Helping to take care of my mom postop
Reconnecting with different groups of friends (gotta love Facebook!)
Wedding of a friend who has waited 40 years for Mr. Right
A missions trip to Appalachia
Seeing Hairspray at the Muny
Running my first 5K (and probably last as the training is not going well)
I'm also planning as time allows:
Take the LCSW exam
sit at the pool
get a new car
take a long weekend to LA
fall in love with someone I meet this summer
start Christmas shopping
organize the spare bedroom
Yikes I am tired! If I could get 3 things on the 2nd list done I will be pleased!
Ok I'm off to meet Jil and her new baby Sam for lunch! Happy Tuesday everyone!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Okay, I am so jealous of the pool thang and frightened by the Christmas shopping thang.
But, since you're starting I'll start making my wish list and send it on to you under separate cover.
as long as the "take a long weekend to LA" part happens on the second list, we're cool.
Why don't I see a long weekend to Cinci on the list? I'm feeling left out!
Post a Comment